09 February 2008

Gestalt

I officially quit my job - well, announced I would quit. I will continue sitting at the office twice a week until the End of May, and then I've last freed myself from this self-inflicted senseless boredom. Which means I'm going back into the translation trade. Fortunately, I received a well paid translation from friends of mine, and another contact and a small translation job via a co-worker. I wasn't really asking for anything, but jobs seem to be flying to me whenever I need them. Yesterday, I even received a mail from a person for whom I worked once, one day, four years ago (!), asking whether I'd be interested in translating a document for them. Pleased, I was to get this message from my life that quitting was definitely the right decision and wouldn't be any problem. (I refused the translation though - I'm not desperate enough to bother translating a contract for a highly technical waterpipe company).

It's about time I announced that I've fallen in love. Anew. A relationship of freedom and respect for self and the other, and good communication. And much more, of course.

And otherwise: this month will be spent translating, a weekend spent with civil disobedients, half a week on Karlshof again at long last, attempts at organising /finding a large communal flat with friends. The city takes too much energy, and I'm still trying to learn the mastery of zen in an urban context with so many exciting people and projects everywhere.
I'm alive.
And: I am.

5 Comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life seems to be moving on a pace for you my lovely niece. I have to say I am well out of touch other than the bits and pieces I pick up via mum.
If you get chance pop along to this blog

http://www.bitterjug.com/

and follow the links to the shumacher center,you have probably heard of it. It's a study center on sustainability.

The blog belongs to someone who was on the NLP course. Nik,Mark's girlfriend reminded me so much of you in many different ways, I feel you would all have a lot of common ground.

Got to go and very happy to hear that love is in the air for you.

Love and hugs
tant jac

4:59 pm  
Blogger Bitterjug said...

Hi Jacqui's niece Blinky
("Blinky", wasn't that the name of Death's horse?) Following Jacqui's cross-commenting on our blogs, I have had a qick scan of yours and I am fascinated. I'd love the chance to speak with you on political utopias. Particularly, I guess, those of Ayn Rand and John Steinbeck. Communal living, clowning and where, perchance, hope might be nesteling.

Hi, by the way, I'm Mark

5:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Jess... Philistine that I am, can't help noticing that you've said the "L" word... and so I wish you and the object of your affections ever so much happiness!

8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typical, bloody typical!

I mean what has become of "Ambience familliale" and "Frisbee du Pape"?

When I was your age I was installing myself and patienting in a frenchly sorta way...

So be it.

And so be it good.

11:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fellow bloggeress you will enjoy if you have a little time.

http://www.thinkorbeeaten.blogspot.com/

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home