26 November 2007

Landing on ubuntu

A friend told me his dad was sent to jail for wearing two badges - one showed the peace dove, the other the landing on the moon. Guess when and where that was.

Meanwhile, I've managed to get ubuntu up and going on my laptop after weeks of struggling and a crawling up a gentle learning curve. I still need to do a few things before my migration from windows is complete - such as get a programme to play my mp3, international keyboard functionalities and mail set up. But basically, it's all up and going and squeaky clean and excitingly flashy (students are fond of OS that can impress other students in uni-libraries with their cool effects. Some aspects of the modern world of student are pretty pathetic, I'll admit) - and most of all, I don't need to fear viruses like under windows (my virus protection came to an end there) and I'm making one more step towards independance of big business. yeeha.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home