26 November 2007

little ex-ante realisation

one thing I've suddenly realised about the trip that I hadn't predicted before the trip - as I'm there, lying on my bed, reading my Viennese friend [S]'s final thesis - is how many people I would get to know, and get to know quickly over the course of my travels. I met [S] at the Bombodrom, practically on the first day of my trip, June first. I remember seeing him for the second time, per chance, on the area after we'd chatted for a long while at the camp in the morning, and being happy at seeing a familiar face again. "Familiarity" develops very quickly in camp settings - as do friendships and bonds. We met again in Rostock the next day and from then on basically ended up spending g8 together.
So many of the people I have around me now are somehow travel acquaintances - the clowns being one big part of them.
The trip radically changed and enriched my social world.

2 Comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

still here, still enjoying, still impressed and glad you keep up your blog cos i can give people an idea of what you're goings on are when they ask about jess.
love you

2:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Trips.... they do broaden the mind, as they say....

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home