21 April 2007

Beautiful day!

I've just come home from a gorgeous day out - and the gorgeousnessity of it hit me as I stepped back into the flat and realised I had been outside in the sun all day, playing on the grass being a kid all over again. I spent no time at my desk, no time on the computer, no time in-doors - all these things that usually take up most of my days. And it was all play and fun, although of course for a serious matter...
I and some twenty other people trained to become Rebel Clowns... My friend M was there, and a bunch of other people I knew and was surprised to see there. We started at 11 and the agenda that our main trainer B wrote on the flip chart looked something like that:
- presentation
- games
- break
- games
- rebel clowning theory
- pause
- games

And so it went. We played monsters, we played silly walks, we played building human machines, we sang and screamed and ran and shouted and mimiked and danced and got out of breath and laughed. Then we had breaks, we ate and drank and talked. And then it started all over again. After that, a bunch of us went off to have a beer on the canal to get the last of the sun - and it felt nice to have a different entry point into people I got to know in serious contexts. It's a lot easier to feel comfortable with people after you've spent an afternoon playing kid with them. We all wondered why we didn't play anymore, why we usually met up in cafes or bars and talked instead.

It goes on tomorrow. I'm feeling super exhausted already. Mustn't forget to go vote before.

Labels: ,

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home