14 April 2007

home alone

K has now definitely moved out. We'll still meet, we're still friends, but it's all a little bit strange. I think I'll try to stay single for at least a year now. I've been in relationships of various sorts nearly constantly for the past ten years, I need to rediscover myself as a non-couple entity.
Which is a funny thing to say. I remember my German friend A who lives in Paris, telling me five years ago, after her split up with the boyfriend she'd been with for three years, that she was planning to stay single for two years at least. Back then she was 27. I couldn't understand that anyone would want to plan not to fall in love. It sounded like a totally absurd decision. But here I am now, reaching the late twenties' wisdom (probably).

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home