13 March 2007

Update on Project 07

Ok, I won't necessarily constantly write in French. Only when I talk about the elections. Perhaps.
In the mean time, an up-date on my sssssllllow progress as regards my various projects for 2007:
  • Repair bike
Still haven't done that. My flatmate left for the class-free period and said his bike was in the cellar, and here's the key to the bike lock. Although I still haven't taken the bike out of the cellar, the incentive to immediately repair my bike is much reduced, in spite of spring's violent arrival, with hot temperatures and sunny days.
  • Found food-coop
Ok, here's another miss so far. I've decided to postpone this project until after I come back from my four months of freedom (soon to be universally referred to as FMF?). In the mean time, I'm joining an existing Food coop, and I'll work together with people from other food coops to establish more direct relationships with farmers around Berlin.
  • Prepare and give seminar on theoretical and empirical political utopia
This I will start in May.
  • Prepare a research concept for my final thesis
This I will do in April, and probably constantly until I finally register to start writing.
  • Read and learn more about qualitative research/ Grounded theory
This goes together with the research concept, so starts in April.
  • Get back into photography
Ah yes.... I remember that. I wonder if I'll manage to squeeze this in.
  • Work with Project Class professors on the publication of some of the Project papers
This is planned for April/ May.
  • Get butter and milk
Success! Victory! At last one item of the list I have been actively taking care of!
  • Organise and enjoy Four Months of Liberty (June - September)
And another one! I've taken care of the financial basis for my freedom. I still need to figure out where I want to go and whether the people I want to see will also want to see me. There WHERE will be sorted out with the research design in April, the WHETHER will hopefully follow...
  • Decide on meaning and purpose of the solidarity economy working group
Ah, and this was also taken care of. We had one meeting a few weeks back where nobody but two other guys came, during which I interviewed them to find out what exactly they were hoping from continued student meetings on the topic of solidary economy. From then on, we established what our common ground was, and I sent out a text formulating this basis to all the other students who were originally in the solidary economy seminar. A bunch reacted positively, and since then, a dynamic has taken its own course, so that I don't need to think about the working group anymore. It isn't quite developing in the way I want it, but what's important is that the bunch of people remains linked and that I can "use" it for discussing my own project later on if I want to - rather than us all just giving up and, for the most part, not having any explicit reasons to meet up again.

So, well, that's not too too bad. Now I have new items for the list though, such as the food-coop / farmer ties. SOME progress. But not enough.

Labels:

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home