22 November 2006

Boyfriend came, boyfriend went

Mr. Big & Important came over for the weekend. It was surprisingly comfortable and easy to fall back into a 2-people rhythm. The weekend was very pleasant and relaxed, inspite of being squashed between two presentations I had to do for uni. The work I did for the first presentation on Rorty did help me prepare the second presentation on Bernstein's text though, so I suppose this time having a high concentration of work actually was a good thing.

The next five weekends are totally booked - I will
1) attend the congress on solidarity economy,
2) go visit a commune a couple of hours north of Berlin with a co-student (M) I really appreciate,
3) prepare another presentation on this commune for a seminar linked to the congress (see 1 and 4),
4) and attend a block seminar before
5) flying off to the UK for my first Christmas there.

I'm really looking forward to visiting the Longo Mai commune and interviewing the people there. It's fairly small compared to the one I visited in southern France, but then again, it hasn't existed for half as long (a good 10 years I think). It's part of the same European network which gathers perhaps 200 people across France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Austria and Ukraine. I am getting more and more fascinated with the whole enterprise - the network aspect most of all, and the travelling, experience and knowledge exchange, and general openness this allows for.
Of course northern East Germany in winter is bound to be a lot less glamourous, from an aesthetic perspective, than a hill in southern France in Summer. But I'm excited to go.
More generally, I'm excited by my own personal development over the past year, and especially over the past couple of months. I have the feeling at last that I am becoming the person I wanted to become.
The cubist worldview is slowly becoming more approachable.

Labels:

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home