15 November 2006

frustration & overstimulation

The presentation went fine, but I was left with a certain sense of frustration after the discussion, first because of the arguments some of the students had, but mainly because I didn't feel capable to react articulately and quickly enough, so I didn't try to change the course of the conversation.
Walked with lovely M with whom I will visit a commune on the first December weekend for a common project, and with one of my presentation partner, a sweet mousy blond girl whom I told all about the communes. I saw psychology student C in the large central campus building whom I know from the students working group environment. Our bond is a general anti-absolutist constructivist perspective, and I enjoy talking with her. We made an appointment to eat together after the seminar she was rushing to.
The weather was beautiful and I needed to walk to get rid of the thought surplus and intellectual overstimulation that wouldn't let me in peace. Sat in the sun, took some notes, tried to empty my brain. I eventually walked back into the large building to find C. While we were getting our food, she said she'd just seen the flatmate of a common aquaintance of ours, and suggested waiting for her too, describing her as "very nice, in spite of her christianity." In between paying and getting cutlery, I would tell C about my presentation, and generally had the feeling I was becoming more articulate that I used to be, more able to talk about theories and ideas.
After lunch, I spent a few hours in the library, reading for my next presentation. They have fancy retro arm chairs on the top floor, and people use them for a combination of comfortable reading and napping. As I sat down, the girl in the armchair next to me was loving herself in a comfortable position for a sleeping break. I did the same an hour later. It was a strange nap - I felt conscious the whole time, and there were thoughts crossing my brain constantly. But when I woke up, I realised that I must have been asleep after all.
Mr Big&Important is coming on Friday. I have a lot of work to get done before that. Heehee.

Labels:

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home