19 January 2009

Three focii (plus one): Body

The main advantage I've found to being pregnant is that it allows me to clearly prioritise my activities and stay focused. The pregnancy itself is one of the focii I have, extanded to the whole of health and body hygiene, perhaps slowly bordering on esoteric beliefs... I've discovered that Hatha yoga - a combination of exercises, breathing and focusing on how the body reacts to it all - is a wonderful way to sustain the calm I've found over the past months. And probably also to prepare for birth. After reading bits of the Tao of Health, Longevity and Sex at Jacq's, I've been thinking about getting into Tai Chi, which I expect to be slightly similar in effect. I've become addicted to Indian type nose showers and have developed the belief that I can now no longer get a cold. I've found a relatively stable, relaxed day rhythm - slow getting up, yoga, nose shower, absolute healthy breakfast with porridge and three fruits, herb tea, and by the time I start into the day it's already 11, but I need only three times one and half hours of concentrated work to be happy with my work progress. It's a bit like constant meditation - staying concentrated on how my body feels and what I want to get done that day. But without strain.
Unless my womb is growing and requiring more energy than usual, I feel pretty stable.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home